One of the most thrilling sights in Twin Mountain is the majestic American Moose. Six Feet Tall and 1200 pounds with huge spreading antlers, these animals are the largest member of the deer family. NH's moose population has increased markedly in the last twenty years!
Moose are often spotted along:
- Route 3 around Last Chance
- Rt. 302 Between Twin Mt. and Crawford Notch
- or hanging out at local establishments!
Catch A Glimpse
- Most sightings occur at dusk
- Moose feed near lakes or streams
- Mating season lasts from mid-sept - Oct.
- Look for large clover hoof prints
For More info about Moose, visit:
(will open new window)
Moose Sightings can happen from your car! Watch out for moose running along the road. Use caution when pulling off, taking care not to startle either the moose or other drivers.
Be aware that this dark-colored animal does not show up well at night.
Please Drive Defensively!